During anti-bullying week 2022, the pupils designed anti-bullying posters to encourage children to speak up about bullying..
Pupil's submitted their posters and 2 were chosen as winners to be displayed on the website and around school.
Congratulations to Theo and Sofia in Willow.
Cherry Oak School takes incidents and reports of bullying very seriously.
Children are encouraged to tell someone straight away if they think they are being bullied or if one of their friends is being bullied.
We recognise that not all of our pupils can inform staff they are being bullied in the typical way their mainstream peers might be able to.
In these circumstances we hope that the high staffing ratios, and positive relationships with familiar adults, they would be able to recognise signs of bullying and report on the student’s behalf. In assemblies and lessons, students are informed they can tell any staff member or a parent or carer including:
● A member of staff in the playground (lunch time supervisors, Teaching Assistants, Teachers, Managers and Senior Leaders)
● Class staff
● Family support worker
● A member of SLT
● The headteacher
● Their parents / parents
● Social workers or other professionals
If as a parent/carer you have any concerns regarding bullying, call school on 0121 464 2037 and report this. Ask to speak to a member of the senior leadership team who will promptly deal with your concern.
Useful links and supporting organisations
● Anti-Bullying Alliance: www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk
● Childline: www.childline.org.uk
● Family Lives: www.familylives.org.uk
● Kidscape: www.kidscape.org.uk
● MindEd: www.minded.org.uk
● NSPCC: www.nspcc.org.uk
● The BIG Award: www.bullyinginterventiongroup.co.uk/index.php
● PSHE Association: www.pshe-association.org.uk
● Restorative Justice Council: www.restorativejustice.org.uk
● The Diana Award: www.diana-award.org.uk
● Victim Support: www.victimsupport.org.uk 8
● Young Minds: www.youngminds.org.uk
● Young Carers: www.youngcarers.net
● The Restorative Justice Council: www.restorativejustice.org.uk/restorativepracticeschools ● Anti-Bullying Alliance Cyberbullying and children and young people with SEN and disabilities: https://antibullyingalliance.org.uk/sites/default/files/uploads/attachments/cyberbullyingand-send-module-final%281%29_1.pdf
● Kick it Out: www.kickitout.org
● Report it: www.report-it.org.uk
● Stop Hate: www.stophateuk.org
● DfE Preventing Bullying: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/preventing-and-tackling-bullying
If you would prefer to make a referral to the senior leadership team in writing, please complete the form below.